There are some treatments and options which are not available on the NHS and you may wish to have these provided independently. Your dentist will discuss these options with you so you can make an informed choice.
As a practice we are working with the NHS to try and improve oral health in Wales.
- We know prevention is better than cure so have changed some of the ways NHS dentistry is delivered.
- We will spend more time talking about your Oral hygiene, Diet, Smoking habits and Alcohol intake.
- We will be using a traffic light system to assess individual patients risks.
- We may ask to see you more often if you are higher risk or less often if you are lower risk.
There are three standard charges for all NHS dental treatments:
Band 1 Course of treatment – £14.70
This covers examinations, X-rays required, Simple scaling (no polish), Fluoride varnish, Oral Hygiene instruction and Diet advice.
Band 2 Course of treatment – £47.00
This covers everything listed under Band 1 above and Fillings, Extractions, Root canal treatment, Periodontal treatment and adjustments to dentures.
Band 3 Course of treatment – £203.00
This covers everything listed under Band 1 and Band 2 above – and it also includes Basic Crowns, Dentures and Bridges (where appropriate).
Our dentists will advise exactly what treatment you are entitled to under the NHS; the following list is a useful guideline:
- Routine examinations at intervals determined by your risk
- Gum disease treatment
- Basic fillings
- Root canal treatments if deemed suitable
- Basic crown and bridgework
- Basic dentures
WHERE TO FIND US
Y Bont Faen Dental Centre
Vale Of Glamorgan
Monday : 08.30 – 18.00hrs
Tuesday : 08.30 – 17.00hrs
Wednesday : 08.30 – 17.00hrs
Thursday : 08.30 – 17.00hrs
Friday : 08.30 – 14.00hrs
Saturday : Closed
Sunday : Closed